Families of children and adults with MECP2 duplication syndrome should register with the Rett Consortium studying Rett Syndrome, MECP2 Duplication Syndrome, and Rett-Related Disorders. Registration is quick and easy… and you can REGISTER ON-LINE HERE.
More details are also available on that page, but here are some good reasons to register for this project:
- Signing up with the contact registry ensures that you will be kept informed of the latest developments.
- By participating in research that can help all affected children, families support research efforts that have the potential to help us all.
- Signing up for the contact registry does not obligate families to visit the research sites or participate in studies, you can determine whether or how you want to participate later,
- Registering with the project lets the researchers know that families care about their efforts and that research on individuals with MECP2 Duplication Syndrome is possible in spite of the small number of affected individuals.
- Registering helps researchers recognize where potential research participants are located and may make possible participation at new locations in the future.